Explore Discover Learn
Your adventure begins exploring the Calibogue Sound and saltwater tidal creeks. We’ll discover the areas abundant resident population of Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin, up close and personal, along with other native wildlife while learning about the Coastal Ecology and History of Hilton Head and surrounding islands. During all of our excursions, the safety of our passengers is our first priority followed by the safety and respect for the wildlife. At Harbour Town Adventures, we follow the rules and guidelines of the Marine Mammal Protection Act.
Our excursions take place using one of two Hurricane Zodiac Vessels, the first being a 25 foot Coast Guard Inspected Vessel that can carry up to 17 passengers and the second being a 22 foot vessel that can carry up to 6 passengers. Hurricane Zodiacs are commercial grade, fiberglass hulled RIBS that were designed for military and water rescue use, which means they are the safest boats on the water. They offer an extremely smooth, stable, comfortable ride which makes them ideal for first time boaters of any age. Our boats are equipped with cushioned bench seats and our 25 foot vessel has a guard rail around the boat adding to the safety. Our captains hold at minimum a USCG Masters License of 25 Tons and have over 25 years of combined experience of operating vessels around Hilton Head Island.
Dolphin and Nature Tour (1 Hour)
• We tour Calibogue Sound, observing Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins in their natural habitat. Along the way we will observe a variety of shore birds such as pelicans, egrets, herons, osprey, and eagles and also may come across sea turtles or manatees.
• Learn about the coastal ecology, island’s history, and local lore.
• Keep the eyes open and the camera close to capture once in a lifetime dolphin encounters!
• Ask about our Early Bird Adventure.
• Great trip for the whole Family!!
• We extend our 1 hour dolphin and nature adventure to include a tour into the tidal saltwater creeks and wetlands.
• Watch the sun set over the marsh meadows of the lowcountry, one of the most picturesque and spectacular times to be on the water.
• Morning and Sunset are very active times for dolphins and other wildlife
• Great for amateur and professional photographer’s alike.
Daufuskie Island Beach Combing Tour (2 Hour)
• Our adventure starts out observing bottlenose dolphin and other wildlife and then continues on to quiet Turtle Beach on nearby Daufuskie Island.
• Hunt for seashells, sand dollars, star fish, and sharks teeth or relax and take a swim on this remote stretch beach.
• We finish our adventure observing more dolphins as we cruise back to Hilton Head Island.
• The beachcombing trip revolves around the low tide and departs on our 22 foot Hurricane Zodiac, a private 6 passenger maximum trip.
• Memories to last a lifetime!
• Let us help you design your own personalized adventure to explore the Lowcountry, while you choose the day and time.
• Go on the quest to find Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin Strand Feeding, a unique behavior of our resident creek dolphins.
• Get the perfect picture on a photo safari, ideal for professionals and amateurs alike.
• Take an adventure to Palmetto Bluff for a unique experience of the Lowcountry.