Dolphin Watching & Enviro Tours
Explore Discover Learn
Your adventure begins exploring the Calibogue Sound and saltwater tidal creeks. We’ll discover the area’s abundant resident population of Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins, along with other native wildlife while learning about the coastal ecology and history of Hilton Head and surrounding islands. During all of our excursions, the safety of our passengers is our first priority followed closely by the safety and welfare of the wildlife. At Harbour Town Adventures, we follow the rules and guidelines of the Marine Mammal Protection Act.
Our excursions take place in one of two Hurricane Zodiac Vessels, Enviro Tour I is a 25-foot Coast Guard inspected Zodiac that can carry up to 17 passengers and Enviro Tour II is a 22-foot Zodiac that can carry up to 6 passengers. Hurricane Zodiacs are commercial grade, fiberglass hulled RIBS that were designed for military and water rescue use (which means they are the safest boats on the water). They offer an extremely smooth, stable, and comfortable ride which makes them ideal for first time boaters of any age. Our boats are equipped with cushioned bench seats and our 25 foot vessel has a guard rail around the boat for added safety. Our captains are required to hold a USCG Masters License of 25 Tons and have over 25 years of combined experience of operating vessels around Hilton Head Island.
Dolphin and Nature Tour (1 Hour)
• We explore Calibogue Sound, observing Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins in their natural habitat. Along the way we will observe a variety of shore birds such as pelicans, egrets, herons, osprey, and eagles and also may come encounter sea turtles or manatees.
• Learn about the coastal ecology, island’s history, and local lore.
• Keep the eyes open and the camera close to capture once in a lifetime dolphin encounters!
• A great trip for the whole family!!
Sunset and Early Morning Tour (1 ½ Hour)
• We extend our one hour dolphin and nature tour to include a trip into the tidal saltwater creeks and wetlands.
• Watch the sun set over the marsh meadows of the lowcountry–one of the most picturesque and spectacular times to be on the water.
• Morning and Sunset are very active times for dolphins and other wildlife–great for amateur and professional photographer’s alike.
Daufuskie Island Beach Combing Tour (2 Hour)
• Our adventure begins observing Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins and other wildlife and then continues on to quiet Turtle Beach on nearby Daufuskie Island.
• Hunt for seashells, sand dollars, star fish, and sharks teeth or relax and take a swim on this remote stretch beach.
• We finish our adventure observing more dolphins as we cruise back to Hilton Head Island.
• The beachcombing trip revolves around the low tide and departs on our 22-foot Hurricane Zodiac, a private 6 passenger maximum trip.
• The Memories will last a lifetime!!
• Let us help you design your own personalized adventure to explore the Lowcountry.
• Go on the quest to find Atlantic Bottlenose dolphin strand feeding, a unique and exciting behavior of our resident creek dolphins.
• Get the perfect picture on a photo safari, ideal for professionals and amateurs alike.
• Take an adventure to Palmetto Bluff for a unique experience of the Lowcountry.